Show me your Gobbler Getter

Magnumdude

Let's see your Gobbler Getter.

Mine is pictured below:

Remington SP-10; barrel forcing cone lengthened, barrel polished and ported, POA adjusted all by Joe Morales at Rhino Gun Cases.

Trigger job done by Gordy Gritters - breaks like a piece of glass at 3 lbs.

Rhino .720 Choke

Eotech 553 Military Holosight

Adjustable Cheek Piece

P1010148.jpg

35 yard target using Nitro Hevi-shot straight #4s.

P1010190.jpg

Valmet 412, 12/223 has a rheinhart Fajen camo monte carlo stock, 2.5x8 loopy, Mark Bansner turkey predator choke which mic's .634", camoed for the umteenth time by yours truly.
Of my 149 career gobblers, this gun has taken 90 couple of them, purchased in 1984 for a mere 450.00 bucks, wouldn't take a farm in texas for it today.
goblr2001.jpg

RR

Not exactly the same gun as its in the trunk right now only differance is the Speedfeed TacIV stock on the turky gun which pulls double duty as a patrol shotgun just screw on the mag extension and your ready for street varmints.

Rem 870 Express magmun
21" Rem barrel rem chokes , barrel was back bored and forcing cone lengthened by our own Shawn Carlock , Ported by Vang Comp
Trigger spring was actualy made a bit heavier but the engagments were stoned and trued the trigger breaks at 6lbs but with zero creep.
Stattergun Technologies Ghost ring sites with tritium front and rear
Uses a Briley strait rifles extended/ported choke tube .665"
This makes for an honest consistant 50yd turkey gun with #4 shot.
870.jpg

870frontports.jpg

870rear.jpg

If anybodys intrested the actual gun pictured is the same as listed above minus the mag extension , trigger job(still factory) and Speedfeed stock and is for sale

Ridge Runner

If were able to retire now (which I can't) and take as many turkeys, legally, as I could until I was no longer able to hunt I don't think I'd get near half your total. I'm not into killing the bird per se, but rather all the hunting and watching sunrises; I hope you continue to enjoy it as will I.

Good Lookin' Scattergun

James,

You Policin' in LA? That sure is a nice 870. I was a deputy in Texas in the 80's and 90's. You have a bona fide killin' machine in that Remmy. I always wanted to do some of the things to my 870 that you've done to yours. Back then I never had the $$ to do it. Misplaced priorities. I'd spend $1500.00 on a semi-auto pistol but not on my shotgun, yet when I knew things were goin' to hell in a hand basket I'd grab that shot gun every time. That 870 is a helluva a lot better tool practically and psychologically than a fancy 1911.

If were able to retire now (which I can't) and take as many turkeys, legally, as I could until I was no longer able to hunt I don't think I'd get near half your total. I'm not into killing the bird per se, but rather all the hunting and watching sunrises; I hope you continue to enjoy it as will I.

well, age has slowed me down some, I still enjoy hunting them, just just not totaly obsessed with it like I was from around 1980 till a couple years ago. I worked full time night shift and still hunted 6 days a week. They're also getting alot more pressure from way more hunters and the invasion of coyotes into this area.
RR

Hunting Pressure

I didn't become a member of the Legion until 2004. In 4 1/2 short years it seems to me hunter interest has tripled. Could be my imagination but I don't think so. What do you guys think?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.