Shout out from Lower Mainland B.C Canada!!

shogi

Good day all!
I'm a millwright and avid outdoorsman that has been transplanted to B.C. from northern Ontario.
I'm a member of Canadian Gunnutz and heard good things about this site from our members (I'm pretty sure there are a good many here already) so thought I would come over and see.
Currently shooting a 300RUM (among others of course) in my hunting rig and am seriously looking at getting the same caliber for long range shooting seeing as how I'm already partially set up.
Any comments, advice, constructive criticisms or praise (especially praise) would be greatly appreciated! :D
I figure it's always a smart move to go into any venture well informed and prepared so I'm here to leech as much info out of the 'brains that be' on this board. Thanks in advance!
~Shogi~

Welcome to Long Range Hunting. It's always good to have another member from north of the border.:)

You might try your question in the General Forum as not everybody reads the members intro forum.

Welcome Shogi, and fellow Canuck :) I'm on gunnutz as well. LRH is a great site, you'll like it here, lots to learn and a great bunch of people (thanks Len)

If you're into the LR type shooting do you shoot with the BCRA? We just had the TAC match at General Volks, great venue to practice for hunting season. :)

The 300RUM is a stout cartridge. Many on the site here would swith that over to the 338 Edge once the barrel is done.

Tell us more about your rifle...

Fozzy

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I think I'm on the right site for what I'm looking at doing. I'll post pics of my current hunting rig and questions of my future LR rifle in the proper forum. gun)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.