Should pellet guns be legalized for big game

Discussion in 'West' started by Bowhunter7, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. Bowhunter7

Bowhunter7 Active Member

I was watching a game warden show and a guy killed a moose with 8 shots from a pellet gun does this prove they have the capabilities for big game let me know what you think thanks.

2. Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote Well-Known Member

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Just because one CAN do something doesn't mean one SHOULD.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

3. jfseaman

jfseaman Well-Known Member

But because one probably shouldn't doesn't mean we have to make it a law that you can't. If you do, just be ethical.

50 cal air rifles. What limits do they have?

4. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I'm not in favor of making laws about everything. One more thing a government agency can use to involve themselves in your day off.

So my answer is a little backwards-they should not be made illegal.

"Big Game" is an all inclusive term. I could certainly kill backyard rural deer with some of the modern air rifles. I might even argue given the lack of good shooting lanes in tight places this may be as good a way as any to keep the "pest" population in check.

I don't use a crossbow, illegal lots of places, based solely on public perception over expert opinion, yet they have been used successfully on elephant.

Lots don't believe LRH should be allowed. Has Idaho's 16 lb limit impacted game lost due to crippling stats in a positive way?

5. Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote Well-Known Member

I read this in disbelief. I'm not advocating a law in any way, shape or form. We all have enough of those. But I can see some(one) now justifying doing it 'just because someone else did'. What next?

Perhaps that 'person' should then go hunt brown bears with the pellet gun. Or better yet, a slingshot.

enough said or I'll get in trouble.