should I resize me Lapua brass?

bigsal5353

I just got some new Lapua .308 for my new gas gun.. I normally dont shoot this high quality brass so I always resize new brass, Do I need run lapua brass through a die or can I start reloading it?

I would neck size it, because you'll find some of you brass got deformed during shipping, its usually not bad but I would rather have them uniformed, I also turn them, for the same reason... That's just me, usually you don't have to...

No experience with Lapua brass. And that's a sad thing!!!!

I would look at the case mouths to see if chamfering would be in order. This is necessary with all Rem/Win offerings I have used.

If nothing is necessary and case mouths are uniform, I'd proceed to load and shoot.

Yes you should size them. You may not do so, but I use an expander then size them to get my standard neck tension. Lots of folks dont feel the need to uniform the primer pockets, but I do, as well as the standard brass prep of chamfer and debur the brass.

Jeffvn

I'll reply with a question. Just exactly what weapon are you shooting, then you can get more detailed responses.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts