Should I buy/sell Vari X III 4.5-14x40 Tactical w/ tall turrets, Mil Dot and Adj Obj

Alan Griffith

A business associate of mine recently came into possession of a safe queen Vari X III 4.5-14x40mm Tactical w/ Adjustable Objective, Mil Dot reticle and covered target turrets in 99.9% condition. Accompanying the scope are 1" rings and 2-pc bases which I took be be Leupy's but have plastic inserts, single torx screws, dove tail front ring, flat bottom rear ring.

I called Leupy and they said the serial # indicate it's a year 2000 manufacture. I'm thinking I could mount this on my new Rem 700 CDL SF Limited Ed in 260 Rem.

or

I could sell it for my friend to include the rings.

How much should I pay if I buy it from him? How much should I ask if I sell it for him?

Is it a good scope? Any tracking problems? I assume this was the precessor to the Mk4?

The Leupy tech said I could also convert it to .5cm metric w/ tall M1 rings for $129.99 if I wish.

Re: Should I buy/sell Vari X III 4.5-14x40 Tactical w/ tall turrets, Mil Dot and Adj

Because it is a 1" tube and front OBJ I would say it is worth about $400.00 to $450.00 but I would have to see it.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts