Should I buy Reloader 15

Absolutely get it. Every 308 I have owned and still own has shot equal or better than Varget when using R15. Charge weights are similar to achieve the same velocity, excellent ES, and temperature stability. They changed to a temperature stable formulation a while back. iMHO.

I had no idea that they've made Reloader 15 more temp stable. I tried it several years ago and it was extremely accurate, it actually performed a bit better than my current Varget load (for .308), but I quit using it because it seemed to be less temp stable than Varget when it was loaded pretty hot.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to give it a try again.

Thanks for all the advice guys. But I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger and buy some. My 8lbs of Varget just shipped and I ordered it 3 weeks ago.

You will have no issues with R-15, it was adopted several years ago for the M118LR ammo. The military went with it for several reasons and you can bet that one of them was for temperature stability. It is my go to powder for most rifles.

It's pretty!! Isn't it?

D32BD1AE-7ACE-410F-AF12-2450EBCF7F4F-2583-000002E8D30C1AE6_zpsfaddffa3.jpg

I started working with Reloader 15 a couple years ago when I re-barreled to 6BRX. I wanted to try something different to match the performance of Varget. It is my #1 powder with the Berger 105 Hybrid. #15 is more readily available in my area. I have found it to be a little temp sensitive. Later! Frank

As stated earlier

Military uses RL15 in their 308 Win siper round M118LR with the 175 Sierra MK

I have had excellent results with RL 15 and Varget along with IMR 4895 and IMR 4064 in the 308 Win

I use RL-15 on 308 win and 250 sav imp it comes in 5 lbs containers. I get very good results. I also use it with 7x 57 imp. :)
I have Varget on backorder, and have enough to last me a few months. I found a place that has about 8 pounds of RL 15. Just wondering if I should try and wait out the Varget or buy the RL 15 and work up a new load.

What would you guys do?

I use RL-15 on 308 win and 250 sav imp it comes in 5 lbs containers. I get very good results. I also use it with 7x 57 imp. :)
I say yes to try the RL-15 on light bullets on large capacity cartidges and small capacity cartidges. 7x57 imp 110-120 grn bullets,250 sav imp85-100 grn bullets,and 308 win130-150 grn bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.