shot the HS 270 WSM this morning!!

Discussion in 'Specialty Handgun Hunting' started by hshunter, Mar 24, 2007.

1. hshunter

hshunter Well-Known Member

tried out my tripod portable rest this morning, had to add an extension for front support to the plate. ended up shooting a pretty decent group, juist need to shoot a few more and chrono it. 100 yds,three shot group.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. pinshootr

pinshootr Well-Known Member

Nice group but why is it everybody always misses the dime???

3. ranger140892

ranger140892 Active Member

That's what I was thinking. I don't care how good you think it shoots, if you can't hit the dime, it's a boat anchor.

That's a nice piece for sure and shoots as good as it looks.

4. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

hshunter,
    Congratulations, that's some awesome shooting!
    What surprises me is the surface of the table; I would think that by not letting the legs of the bipod slide freely it would not let you be consistent.

5. yotefever

yotefever Well-Known Member

Tom, if you want me to check it out on antelope this year let me know, I'm always willing to help another shooter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. hshunter

Eaglet, didn't seem to be any problems with recoil and the shelf liner on the plate. it is a soft texture and gives the legs just enough bite that I did not have to load the tripod with as much pressure as I have off of a smooth bench. will continue to shoot off of it and will probably try another plate that does not have the shelf covering on it as well.
    yote, If I was going this year,the 270 and the 7WSM were to be the primarys for lopes this year. will just have to wait till next year , they won't do anything more than that 6.5 MOA ya got , now that is a shooter.
    come on over this spring and we will burn some powder.

nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Man! There are folks on here that cant get a rifle to shoot a group like that! Awesome! It helps if you put the dime dead center of the target! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Dan B

Dan B Well-Known Member

Hey....you bringin' that monster to the PA Shoot next month?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. hshunter

If I can get the time away, I will definatley bring it and the 325 as well
    nmhunter