Shot some Duracoat on my AR

Misfire

I just wanted to share a few pics of my AR. It is my dedicated varmint rifle and I shot some paint this weekend.

I was trying for earth tones and something that was a bit less conspicuous than the stainless barrel it came with. For the first year I hunted with it by wrapping the barrel in camo duct tape.

The lower receiver is still stripped so I've left the lenses taped up until the rifle is fully assembled.
AR1.jpg

AR5-1.jpg

AR3.jpg

AR2.jpg

AR4.jpg

Misfire, great job!
Did you use the Duracoat kit and follow the instructions?
I have to finish one I have. A Savage Striker for coyote hunting.

Mike

Misfire, great job!
Did you use the Duracoat kit and follow the instructions?
I have to finish one I have. A Savage Striker for coyote hunting.

Mike

Thanks for the compliment Mike; I appreciate it. The paint was left over from my Sendero that I sprayed over the summer. Origionally I was going to make my own stencils but dropped that ideal pretty quick. I ended up ordering their "Urban MirageFlage" stencils and it worked out quite well.

Chad

good job
i like it, what were the colors you used?

The colors are "Snow Grey" for the specks and the primary colors are "Magpul Flat Dark Earth" and "AUG Green."

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I worked on it over the course of several weeks. Work and other obligations kept me from working on it as much as I wanted to but I think it could be done in a single weekend if you didn't have any distractions.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.