short action decisons

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by RemingtonShooter, Jun 19, 2012.

1. RemingtonShooter

RemingtonShooter Well-Known Member

« on: Today at 10:38:15 PM » Quote Modify

Hello all,

I recently handled a sendero and loved it but want a 300wsm. This will be hunting rifle. So, I have at least narrowed it down:) :
    Savage 14 classic, not many reviews on it.
    Savage 10xp Predator, they do exist as special runs, not the Max1
    Savage Bear hunter, I am a newbie so I am wondering if the short barrel will impair accuracy, the muzzle break would not be used. Don't like them much.
    Savage 12vlp dm, but I would go with a BC or hs stock
    Custom order Max 1 predator
    Remington 700cdl SF, ditch the stock and go with a hs. Essentially a sendero.
    Kimber, heard mixed reviews
    Sako tecomate

Let the opinions roll! This will be used for deer, elk, Texas exotics so light matters within reason....

Thanks, n

2. backwoods83

backwoods83 Well-Known Member

Of your list my pick would be the savage 12 vlp dbm in a black with grey web bell and carlson A2, very accurate rifle and savage is the only ones on the list with a 3" magizine without buying a wyatts or the like.

3. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

Sendero either 300wm or 300 rsaum. i had my rsaum rechambered to wsm. should not have. very little difference.

4. Rem700

Rem700 Well-Known Member

If i was buying like you, i would go with the sendero or a savage long range hunter. The LRH has shown to be very accurate, adjustable cheek rest and a muzzlebrake that can be turned on or off without removing it. I think if it was me, i would go LRH, unless you plan on using it later for a custom build.

Sent by using the dark side.....