Shooting Suppressor

Maico

Some time back I remember seeing a suppressor that someone had made to shoot a gun through, that was made out of a piece of culvert lined with egg crate foam. I was trying to find that thread again to get some more info. Anyone remember seeing too? I'm trying to get neighbor friendly. TIA

I have seen photos of a set-up where a guy took a bunch of old tires and stacked them up, bolting them together, sidewall to sidewall, as the stack grew. After the stack was 5-6 feet tall, he put a piece of pipe along side the stack, running from the ground up. He attached the pipe to the tires to give them support and to keep the stack from sagging when he laid it over so that the centerline of the stack was horizontal. He then hoisted it up so that the stacl of bolted together tires (now a horizontal tube) was level with his shooting bench.

He said that when he positioned his muzzle just inside the tube of tires and fired, the sidewalls acted like baffles in a silencer and reduced the muzzle blast significantly.

Best of luck with your project.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.