Shooting Sticks/Unattached Bipod

SES50

I have a bipod on my rifle but it is not always good for every situation. I am finding when sitting on the egde of a canyon shooting to the other side a set of taller shooting sticks would work great. I have looked at a bunch of them at the typical online stores but it is hard to tell what will work good and what won't.

Any input of what you guys are using that works and doesn't work would be great.

Thanks
SES50

p.s. I got my OD socks on today.

I have both the bipod and tripod with trailing arm support from Stoney Point. If I am just glassing and looking I take the bipod because it is a little lighter and I do not need the third leg. If I am hunting I almost always take the tripod with the trailing arm support.

My first choice is always shooting off of the bipod or a pack but the bigger bipod or tripod comes in handy when you need it. With the tripod you do not have to worry about it falling over as it is self supporting. The trailing arm on the third leg adds even more support but it's not solid enough for really long stuff. Either one is also great for supporting your binoculars when glassing.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts