Shooting Prone/F-Class with a front rest?

Agunner012

I have a Sinclair Front Rest, and wanted to try it for F-Class. I see they sell these " F-Class Rest Foot Pads", to put under the feet to shoot in Sand or dirt, but are quite expensive. What are you guys using to shoot prone with this type of Front Rest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Many thanks,
AG

[ QUOTE ]
I have a Sinclair Front Rest, and wanted to try it for F-Class. I see they sell these " F-Class Rest Foot Pads", to put under the feet to shoot in Sand or dirt, but are quite expensive. What are you guys using to shoot prone with this type of Front Rest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Many thanks,
AG

[/ QUOTE ]

Little pieces of wood - 2"x2" a 1/4" thick.

Cost about $1 for the three.

Thanks I was hoping for something a little more stable, I tried the wood wasn't happy with it. I am working on something now, need to get to the hardware store.

AG

I replaced my stock legs with- Threaded rod ground to a point at one end,large washers,nuts to hold washers in place
works good doesnt sink into the ground

Hi if you have access to a lathe make up your own feet and then drill through the base of them and slide a cement nail through so it will stop any chance of the rest shifting under recoil. I just have a thin plate under the rear one for the speed screw to go onto but have 2 like the sinclaire type that i made before they were supplied by sinclair. i use the standard threaded spikes that came on my bald eagle rest and drilled and tapped the feet to screw onto the 3/8" spikes.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.