shooting platform

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by screech, Dec 11, 2006.

1. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Ok. I kinda want to know what you guy's are doing. I know one guy that only shoots off a back pack. he said something about bipods. any ways I got the hint that he would never shoot off a bipod. This guy is a definative long ranger. I wont mention a name but I know that shawn knows him and maybe some more people. Then some of you guys shoot off a bipod and rear bag. what advantages/ disadvantages of each. any tips. what are you guys using.

2. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

For hunting style shooting i use a Bi-Pod and a shot bag filled with styrofoam beads, very light and works for most situations, you can clip the bag to your belt or back pack. Bench shooting i have plain shot bags with river sand.

Dave

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

For the front end I use shooting sticks of own design for the carry gun and bipod for the dedicated LR gun.

I keep dinkin' around with different things for the back end but always return to the beanie baby bead bag. But it is a little heavy but has to be tall as I don't use the benchrest length bipod. (Too much sage brush, etc + neck uncomfortability)