shooting platform

screech

Ok. I kinda want to know what you guy's are doing. I know one guy that only shoots off a back pack. he said something about bipods. any ways I got the hint that he would never shoot off a bipod. This guy is a definative long ranger. I wont mention a name but I know that shawn knows him and maybe some more people. Then some of you guys shoot off a bipod and rear bag. what advantages/ disadvantages of each. any tips. what are you guys using.

For hunting style shooting i use a Bi-Pod and a shot bag filled with styrofoam beads, very light and works for most situations, you can clip the bag to your belt or back pack. Bench shooting i have plain shot bags with river sand.

Dave

For the front end I use shooting sticks of own design for the carry gun and bipod for the dedicated LR gun.

I keep dinkin' around with different things for the back end but always return to the beanie baby bead bag. But it is a little heavy but has to be tall as I don't use the benchrest length bipod. (Too much sage brush, etc + neck uncomfortability)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts