Shooting in Oklahoma

abinok,
A while back we were shooting in winds that blew the ammo boxes off our plastic field table. Same drift as drop at 700 with the .308's. Good fun, and very saticefying when the steel target clang.

Im on top of one of the tallest hills in the county, and for the past week, most days have had sustained windspeeds near 40mph, with gusts the last couple days over 60. of course, the wind layed for a few hours friday-saturday... while I was at work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I can understand where you're coming from. I hunt/shoot just north of Weatherford and have to drive by probably 30 or more wind mills on the way to the lease. They are a constant reminder that we live in what seems to be a wind tunnel.

Lerch and I hunted @ Buffalo on the weekend after Thanksgiving. I don't THINK the wind ever broke 50 mph. Got darn close though!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.