Shooting in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abinok, Jan 9, 2006.

1. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

This is getting rediculous....

Wind SUCKS!!!!!

2. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

abinok,
    A while back we were shooting in winds that blew the ammo boxes off our plastic field table. Same drift as drop at 700 with the .308's. Good fun, and very saticefying when the steel target clang.

3. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Im on top of one of the tallest hills in the county, and for the past week, most days have had sustained windspeeds near 40mph, with gusts the last couple days over 60. of course, the wind layed for a few hours friday-saturday... while I was at work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. distantfoe

distantfoe Well-Known Member

I can understand where you're coming from. I hunt/shoot just north of Weatherford and have to drive by probably 30 or more wind mills on the way to the lease. They are a constant reminder that we live in what seems to be a wind tunnel.

5. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

It also laid for a while on Sunday. Not that it helped Lerch and I on the 1500 yd dog though.

6. Hooter

Hooter New Member

Come on up to Woodward if you want some wind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Lerch and I hunted @ Buffalo on the weekend after Thanksgiving. I don't THINK the wind ever broke 50 mph. Got darn close though!!!