shooting bench specs ??

Alfred Crouch

How high from ground (or floor) to top of table do you prefer for your shooting bench to be? I am building one. I started at 36 inches and am now at 38. Can't seem to decide if 38 is too high or not. Thought I would ask what others were using. Thanks for any and all input.

ntrl_brn_rebel, What is the hight difference between the top of your seat to the top of your bench? It seems to me this distance is probably more critical than total height of the bench. I now have 16 1/2" between the top of the seat to the top of the bench. I am thinking about raising mine up another inch to 17 1/2" inches. This would give me a total height of 39". I am 6 feet tall.

Tyler, I don't see any way to make my seat height adjustable without unreasonable time and material input. Added material would also increase weight. I want to control weight so as to have a portable yet sturdy bench.

Thanks for your input. Al

Here's an idea for you that I borrowed from Kevin Cram. His set up is sturdier (I'm looking for a different tripod head). HD tripod head and a surveyor tripod. You can get the hole set up for under$100 and you can pan/tilt your table.
S3010002c.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts