Shooting a playing card in half at 100 yards

blacksheep1

Hello, Well the other day when I was out at the Range Near Boulder city, Nevada, I wanted to find out if I could shoot a playing card in half with my Remington 700 PSS in 7.62+51. I was shooting REAL M-118 LR 175 Gr ammo. I found that you have to be dead on with trigger control and breathing. But after 3 rounds I hit the 2mm playing card dead on at 100 yards and split in in two. Now this coming weekend I'm going to try it at 200 yard. I've found that I can really sharpen my shooting skills by shooting at small things at long range not big targets. But I still have a long way to go and lots more range time and rounds down range.....My goal is to shoot out to 1000 yards or better.. Thanks for looking.....gun)

Attachments

• Saturday at the range 013.jpg
    Saturday at the range 013.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 198
  • At the Rifle range 008.jpg
    At the Rifle range 008.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Nice shooting!

Trigger control and a rifle/ammo capable of 1hole repeatable shots. Looks like you're doing everything right. It would be sweet to do it at 200 yds, I've never tried that. Let us know how it goes?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts