Shooters in Oregon

Yep, thanks for the info dustybrown. My buddie has a cabin up on Pearson creek, we go there quite a bit, didn't know there were red diggers though. Hmm.:) I'll be at the shoot in my red lifted Ford diesel, won't be hard to miss! Ya ya, it's not a cummins, I know. Let the prodding begin.....:)

So what rifles are you guys going to bring to the shoot? I'm taking my 7mm RM shooting the 162 A Max.

Rem 700 300 rum 190 bergers jewel , grey bull scope and stock lilja bbl. built by Blagg Custom rifles... Kampfeld custom bolt work...
sling shot marbles. Lol!!! :)

Last edited:
Can you explain the course of fire ? What size is the target ? Is it 1000 yards exactly ? Do you shoot east west ? North south ?
I herd about a 1000 yard tv shoot or somthing too. There is also going to be a match type shoot in Baker City. It's a steel shoot on life size coyote at 600 and a squirl at 200. I'll post up if I hear more.

I called Betty Grey and got the info mailed to me tonite. The tv shoot that I herd about is the same one.... They just dont shoot any tvs now..... she said it was alot of fun... They have 3 classes... What one do you guys enter ?

Well crap, thanks for ruining it dusty. Maybe I leave gun at home and throw rocks! Sounds like a nice gun ya got there, Would love to see it, thinkin' of doing something along those lines myself. Been shooting and hunting my whole life and am getting this long range bug, and I kinda like it. I'll have to pick your brain a bit. To be honest, I've never even shot at ANYTHING at 1000 yrds. I've only had my Ultra Mag for a year and my schedule for work really messes up my shooting. And of course, your skill degrades after months of no shooting so when I get home I have to start all over again. :( Part of the fun I guess. Can't wait to meet some of you guys and talk shop. See ya all there! Ain't gonna miss this for nothing, now I'm gettin' antsy!!

Terry

I don't know how much Betty told you about course of fire but you draw numbers at the begining and when they call your number you gonto the bench and take your shot. Last year they talked about letting you shoot all your shots in a row because with the wind last year only two people hit the target I think. The classes are light hunting rifle. Heavy hunting/tac type rifles. And bench guns. As far as expirience a large majority of guys are just getting up there and using the W.A.G method. If you guys show up and find me feel free to pick my brain I'm more than happy to call wind for you as well. I use to shoot high power service rifle even went to camp Perry once so I'm a fair wind reader.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.