Shooter vs KAC bullet flight app

Techy

I am kind of down to these two apps for a ballistic calculator.

Any input would be great. I will possibly use out to 2000 yards. Ease of use, features, etc is all important. But ultimately which is more accurate is most important. These things use different engines and often past 1000 yards I read people have to compensate here and there.

Thanks for any input

JMO, but for those distances, I would also consider Applied Ballistics from Litz. You will have to tweak any app, but might be closer with one of his custom drag curves for 2,000 yds.

JMO, but for those distances, I would also consider Applied Ballistics from Litz. You will have to tweak any app, but might be closer with one of his custom drag curves for 2,000 yds.

Might have to consider this one as well. The main goal here is to only buy one, lol.

So hopefully we can kind of get something close to a consensus.

I use both ab and bulletflight. Bullet flight is more user friendly but started crashing on me. Ab has many cool features and litz custom curves. I use it primary now since my bullet flight issues. I suggest you buy them both and play with them and then decide which one you like best. In reality the ballistic program is the most important part of longrange shooting but seems to be where most cut the budget. Seriously we spend thousands on rifle and optics 65$ for a couple programs is nothing, buy them both.

I use both ab and bulletflight. Bullet flight is more user friendly but started crashing on me. Ab has many cool features and litz custom curves. I use it primary now since my bullet flight issues. I suggest you buy them both and play with them and then decide which one you like best. In reality the ballistic program is the most important part of longrange shooting but seems to be where most cut the budget. Seriously we spend thousands on rifle and optics 65$ for a couple programs is nothing, buy them both.

How far have used shot with them? Have you loaded the same days into both? Were the solutions different? Which matched your shot better?

I have shot out to over 1900 yards with them. The easiest to get on was ab with custom curves and the velocity calibration features. Bullet flight was on but I had a ton of tweaking to the custom ballistic drop options.

I like having both programs. The secret is taking good notes and records when you're shooting. Then taking all that back and getting your programs to match your data. If I had to choose one it would be applied ballistics but like I said get both and play with them. I hunted successfully for years with bulletflight and took two animals over 900 yards using it.

Thanks for all the input so far. Keep it coming. :)

Are there any big differences between shooter and ab? I read somewhere they have the same engine.

I like having both programs. The secret is taking good notes and records when you're shooting. Then taking all that back and getting your programs to match your data. If I had to choose one it would be applied ballistics but like I said get both and play with them. I hunted successfully for years with bulletflight and took two animals over 900 yards using it.

Just curious... What kind of rig you shootin?

Ab and shooter use the same ballistic calculator engine but ab has more features. Go with ab between the two. I shoot a 338 lapua improved. It running a 300 gr berger elite hunter at 3075 fps. I've only had it just under a year now. I hunted previously with a red hot 7mag

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts