shooter on droid phone

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by timmyatnop, Nov 27, 2012.

1. timmyatnop

timmyatnop Well-Known Member

Hi everone..ive been messing with the shooter program. It doesnt have trajectory validation feature on droid is this a big deal?.. Also is the 300 hybrid litz. The same bullet as the 300 otm in the bullet library. If not what is the true bc of the otm bullet. If iam only gona shoot to 1200 yards max do i need to use g7 bc or is g1 gona be ok. Thanks for all the help u give me i appreciate. It a lot.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

to adjust trajectory simply manually raise or lower your muzzle velocity.

Yes, use the Litz choice for the 300 hybrid, same as the otm. it will be the G7 bc

jeff

3. timmyatnop

Ok just adjust velocity. Thank you very much.

4. timmyatnop

I ran the shooter program leaving everything the same the 300otm needed less. Moa at 1000 than 300 hybrid. Kinda weird i thought?

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Were you using G7 for both? They are the same bullet but the litz profile are Bryans fine tuned test results.

How much difference in MOA did you see?

Jeff

6. timmyatnop

Yea. G7 on both but i think i put. .429 in on omt i read where litz and another guy tested them and thats what they thought the g7 should be. Mabey the litzs bc on the hybid is different than. .429

7. timmyatnop

Yep thats where i messed up. 419 and then they both are the same.. what do u think is more correct. 419 or. 429. ? If i could shoot better groups at say 800 or 1000 yards i could test this myself. Guess i know what iam doing this weekend

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Delete double post, server brain fart.:)

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I would go with .418 or .419 for a G7 to start with. That should get you out to1200 to 1400 then you may need to tweek it.

Jeff

10. IdahoRedneck

IdahoRedneck Well-Known Member

Sorry for the hijack but how far do ya typically have to adjust velocity to mach real world shots.... On one of my profiles I had to drop velocity 55 fps second to match....another profile same gun same bullet just with litz data only had to be droped 12 to match....this is at 1175.....

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

It depends on the accuracy of the chronograph and the data you got the day you tested. Now that I have an Oehler 35 I have not had to adjust as much.

Jeff

12. timmyatnop

Sweet Broz. Thank u ill try g7 then and use. 419 or. 418. Thanks again. Then if i can shoot worth a darn ill be able to tweak mv to match. Thanks again. Ps my pact chrono has never worked. So i just use the pro chrono. At least it gives me readings. Thanks again.