"Shoot" for Android phone's

There are no reticles built in to Shooter.

Shooter is not available for iPhone. There are several good ballistics programs for iPhone including Shooter, Ballistic FTE, and iSnipe. I've never used any of these, I just know they're the ones most commonly discussed for iPhone/iTouch.

I asked Sean about the arrows instead of +/- to indicate direction. The arrows are no longer an option.

Also, I don't think the option to input angle cosine will be added. I understand that you paid money for the ACI and want to utilize it, but having the 'get angle' feature built into the phone is a more streamlined way to get the necessary data.

-Bryan

I asked Sean about the arrows instead of +/- to indicate direction. The arrows are no longer an option.
-Bryan

Thanks Bryan, I can deal with it, no biggie. I also thought of adding a - by the L and a + by the R on the scope turret knob to help keep me straight in the heat of the moment.

Thanks
Jeff

My buddy will have Shooter soon, I'm looking forward to playing with it and see how it is to interface with. The windage out put does bother me a little though, I have never owned an optic that windage was adjusted in + or - direction.
It seems ever program has something that makes you think!!

I have a question, does this shooter program allow you to input atmoshperic pressure in PSI? As youve probably already guessed I have a Leica 1600....

Thanks for the response but what I was actually asking was can I input the value in PSI as opposed to inches of mercury or millibars?

Wanted to bump this thread up again. Sean has made some updates and one I feel is a geat addition to this or any program. Now you have an option to add L or R U or D on the solutions page right before the correction number. This is a huge help when you are dealing with light winds, 5 ~7 oclock winds or when spin drift and or coriolis effects are enabled. In the heat of the moment I find it very nice to get a windage correction like this " L1.5 " It tells me with no doubt I need to turn the knob 1 .5 moa toward the " L " arrow on my turret. I really like this!! You may think the direction is a given, but when SD or Coriolis startes to cancel out wind it is a great option and it makes way more sense to me the a + or -

Jeff gun)gun)

Broz,

My phone notified me that there was and update available a couple of days ago. I imediately hit the update button and a few seconds later the "Shooter" application was updated. "For Free"

Andriod phones ROCK. What an amazing bit of technology.

I did some practice shooting with a mate yesterday. He was using "Exbal" and I was using "Shooter". We both set to working out a solution at the same time and "Shooter" came up with the answer a lot quicker.

Are there android platforms that can be purchased separately, similar to the I-touch, without the phone and cell company being a part of it?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts