Shoot and Shovel

Idaho's wolf season goes from August 31 to March 31, so our season is still open.

SDKidaho- i believe most are shot in sept and oct with very few shot after that. if the season opened in jan. - i believe i would have a better chance at success on some wolves that are not 18 miles back in over 3 ft of snow. just my feeling though. if i am wrong correct me. i would love to shoot one or some in january . ron

SDKidaho- i believe most are shot in sept and oct with very few shot after that. if the season opened in jan. - i believe i would have a better chance at success on some wolves that are not 18 miles back in over 3 ft of snow. just my feeling though. if i am wrong correct me. i would love to shoot one or some in january . ron

It is just the opposite here from what you are thinking. In 3 feet of snow and 18 miles back there is nothing to eat. I got one the other day a mile from where my friends are calving, and in the last week of December another friend shot one right in his cows! Another guy I know ran one over on the highway! Low my friend! Now is the time, late is great!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.