shipping primers

Unless either end in in some highly regulated state I see no reason why not, once the hazmat issue is dealt with. UPS ground is how I received in the past.

I stopped at my local UPS hub, and was told that if you tag the box as
" ORM-D " and label it as small arms, it can be shipped to an FFL on the other end. The reason for the original question is I am sitting on 5,000
Federal GM 210 that I would like to trade for some CCI 450 small mag primers. So, I posted this is the trade section of the classifieds if anyone is interested.

IT IS ILLEGAL FOR AN INDIVIDUAL TO SHIP PRIMERS.

UPS: UPS Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials

http://www.asu.edu/uagc/EHS/documents/asu_shipping_hazardous_materials.pdf

I. Introduction
Shipping hazardous materials is regulated by several governmental and non-governmental, consensus development organizations. Penalties for non-compliance with the rules are significant and could result in the following fines:
• Up to $250,000 and up to a year jail sentence for individuals.
• Up to $500,000 per incident for organizations.
Hazardous materials shipping regulations administered by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the US Department of Transportation (DOT) are the most comprehensive and widely applicable. Some shipping companies have developed specific rules, which are stricter than DOT and/or IATA regulations. Examples of these companies include the US Postal Service (USPS), Federal Express (FedEx) and United Postal Service (UPS).
Hazardous material regulations are extremely complex; a minimum of 24 hours of professional training, repeated every three years, is required to be certified to ship hazardous materials. EHS personnel have received this training and are available to assist University offices in their shipping needs.

How do people fly to hunting destinations and take ammo? I assume if you can't mail it you can't fly with it either.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.