Shipping muzzle brake

well in my oppinion a muzzel brake is just a piece of machined steel untill its installed on a gun.

I would ship it as a machine part.

Why would anyone be interested in a brake adapter fitting?

Oh, I am sorry, I forgot you are a known terrorist and all your mail is opened.

I tried to mail a rifle barrel blank a little bit ago and when the guy at the counter ask the value and so on then asked the contents I said "rifle barrel" you would have thought I said stinger missle he freeked out and proceded to tell me the laws and all the BS about shipping fire arms , I just left went to the other post office same process when they asked the contents , I said machined steel , no further question fuss nothing.

I tried to mail a rifle barrel blank a little bit ago and when the guy at the counter ask the value and so on then asked the contents I said "rifle barrel" you would have thought I said stinger missle he freeked out and proceded to tell me the laws and all the BS about shipping fire arms , I just left went to the other post office same process when they asked the contents , I said machined steel , no further question fuss nothing.

I have a friend who bought a barrel off of a guy in the States. He put "stainless pipe" on the customs form. Came through no problem.

It really shouldn't be so difficult.

I would not use the USPS for that they are very picky about what can be shipped. Just an FYI not meant to offend any carriers out there.

Policies for USPS and UPS and FED X

All three ship firearms. All three ship firearms parts. Long guns can go ground, hand guns go two day. that's a carrier policy, not a BATF. (FED X and UPS both do this if I recall correctly)

If you get static at the counter, get the manager. If you still get static, get his/her manager. The only way these clowns will ever get the message is by making them stick to policies. This isn't a privilege, it's a constitutional right. . .

Now, of course we know that we must be good little minions and only ship whole guns/receivers to those who have FFL's. Gun parts other than serialized receivers are just machined bits of metal and are of no concern to anyone.

As for Canada. I don't know your laws bud, sorry. Seems to me though that I've shipped and received stuff from there without any drama.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.