Shipping loaded ammo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Varmint Hunter, May 12, 2010.

1. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I'm interested in shipping some reloaded ammo to a friend who lives out of state. I want to be in full compliance with any rules/regulations/laws. Can I ship through the USPS? If so, any special requirements?

2. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I don't think you can ship loaded ammo through USPS. I do know you can ship ground UPS with no extra paperwork or hazmat charges. Funny how you have to pay 20.00 extra dollars to get powder or primers shipped, but you can ship loaded ammo with know extra paper work or money. You will have to go to a UPS terminal or print your own label online, and hand to your UPS man. They will not take at a UPS store if you tell them it's ammo.

3. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Its all Hazmat and has to be declared. I think the cases of ammo I buy from Cabela's comes UPS. But you better call UPS FedEx and USPS and A.S.K. to be in compliance.

4. mo

mo Well-Known Member

loaded ammo is not hazmat with UPS.

5. LewisH

LewisH Well-Known Member

It must have ORM-D in a black rectangle marked on the the box. That's why I use empty shotgun case boxes to ship ammo. They are already so marked.

6. h2osport

h2osport Member

7. JeffVN

JeffVN Well-Known Member

I've both shipped AND recieved loaded ammunition from both UPS (the Brown truck guys) and Fed-X Ground. It is always labeled ORM-D (sometimes teh label is blue sometimes black).

JeffVN