Shim for scope mount?

REV

Nightforce 20 MOA Steel Base. How much of a shim do I need to make a difference of 2 inches @ 100 yds?

I thought ABINOK would be along too help you but he is probabluy goofing off somewhere shooting his guns.

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...=true#Post68238

If this does not expalin it jsut post the distance between the front screws and the back screws and I will calculate it for you. After you have done it once it is pretty simple. The first time is a bear.

I assume you know which loctite to use. - blue

If still shooting 2" high with scope bottomed out, put .005 under the front, if you want more available elevation and available MOA >6moa put .005 under the rear. I use .005 or .010 shims under the back base until I am within the last 1 to 5 moa adjustment of the scope. Then loosen turret set screws and set to 0. It's nice when you can get them to just within about 2 from the bottom. Then you can crank it all the way down till it bottoms, then back to zero and you are back on 100 yd zero.

I'm sure somebody has the exact calc to answer your question but ballpark .002.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts