Shilen Trigger

johnnyk

WOW! Ordered one from Midway 7/31, arrival date 8/4. UPS delivered it to the local post office and it just so happened I met the mail lady on the road this morning and flagged her down. I was headed to work so I briefly took it out, looked at it, read the instructions, put it all back in the bag and laid it in the seat. I contemplated calling in sick, but figured I'd save the vacation day for hunting season.
I took it out of the bag a couple of times during the day, just to admire it (read as "fondle and daydream"). It felt solid, like good workmanship does.
After work, started on it and had the OEM trigger de-installed and the Shilen installed and tested in 30 minutes. I tested it several times with my electronic trigger pull gauge and it breaks at 1.5lbs everytime. This thing is sweet. I think I'll send a couple of groups down range early AM before work to get the feel of it.
Great trigger. Worth every penny. WOW! JohnnyK.

I agree they are great triggers. I run Shilen triggers on both my F-Class rifles (both on Nesika actions). I also run Jewel triggers on two tactical riles (both Surgeon actions). That's simply how things worked out. Though the Jewel has the advantage of being able to increase or decrease trigger weight without removing the action from the stock I think they are roughly equivalent.

I'm definately impressed. I've had several Timneys and one Rifle Basix. I was really impressed with the RB, but now, "can't touch that"! :) JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.