Shifting Point of Impact

thanks for that mate, do you think this is pretty good accuracy wise for the rifle? i have another one in 270 wsm that is not quite as accurate, but more consistant POI wise, though it does wear a 4.5-14 Grandslam. how many rounds would you go before cleaning? the first, high group had 16 shots through the rifle before it, i went home and cleaned it after round 26. the round count for the barrell is now only 162. thanks

thanks for that mate, do you think this is pretty good accuracy wise for the rifle? i have another one in 270 wsm that is not quite as accurate, but more consistant POI wise, though it does wear a 4.5-14 Grandslam. how many rounds would you go before cleaning? the first, high group had 16 shots through the rifle before it, i went home and cleaned it after round 26. the round count for the barrell is now only 162. thanks

Your gun will almost always tell you how long you can go between cleanings. After I am sure my barrel is broke in, and I am sure yours is with that many rounds, I usually shoot shots until I can see accuracy or POI changes due to a dirty bore. Then I know from then on about how many I can go before I need to worry about cleaning. You can also use this method to figure out how many fouling shots you may need if your gun isn't great at placing the first shot from a clean barrel in your group.

I do think it is good accuracy but my point was that you are having good success with some issues still and if you can figure those out you will be really good to go!

Scot E.

Im pretty lucky in that my first shot from a completly clean rifle will maybe drag the group out to one minute, but the next 5 or so will settle down to average .75 or so, with the best groups in the .3 range center to center. On a side note, what do you guys think of an 115 Berger VLD @ 2850 as a deer load out to 400 or so, i am shooting sika deer which are very similar in size to a large whitetail in the states.

Cheers
Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.