Shepherd Scopes

I also have four of them. Mine work just fine, and I don't plan on selling them. Any scope maker can let a bad one slip through. At my clubs tactical rifle shoots, quite a few shooters use Shepherd scopes and they do very well.

I have a Shepard on my .22 RFM, and I like it a lot. It has first and second focal plain reticles. The first focal plain reticle is a MOA scale and the cat's meow for ranging. The scope feature ballistic reticle on rear focal plain with circles spaced for various ranges.

Very cool scope in my opinion and relatively cheap at around 6 bills.

Oh, and I like UOS SN-3s too. This one is a 7mm WSM with 28" Lilja 3 groove, Jewel trigger, USO/Horus H-25. (180 Berger VLD at 2853. F215M, 63.5 VV N165, Win. Brass)

D.
smile.gif

7WSM1K.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SCL, if you are reading this I am as we speak having John build me a SN-3 3.8-22x58 .25x22 moa EREK, Ergo/4" ARD, Lit MOA reticle with a 35 tube, to put on my M40A3 to replace the USO M40 Scope on a temporary basis!

So cool and another prototype!

[ 08-11-2004: Message edited by: DMCI ]

i just put a shepherd on my .308 tactical rifle last weekend it seems pretty good as far as the glass and adjustments go.i like to be able to go to the right range very quickly ,but any shot over 200yds. or so i laser first but so far every things good.i don't know how it'll hold up in the field,but in a tactical situation being able to change ranges quickly with a min.of twisting and turning and figuring could be very helpful just my .02 worth GM

Have three shepherds one on 338 Lapua,300 win and 308 win...All seem to work as advertized...After getting anal about reloading they do it easily out to 600 yards
ringing an 10" gong 10 out of ten times...I would like to have another for my 300 RUM so you guys that don't like them cut me a deal I can't refuse...Charlie

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.