Sheep Tags

Man you are lucky... Congrats on a beautiful ram. I have 10 pts in WY as of this year, I will probably throw my name in the draw in the next year or so. I got a dall ram in 05 and I still have the bug. I have been trying to build points in as many states as I can afford. Hopefully someday I will draw a desert and rocky tag.

What area did you hunt?

By the way, welcome to LRH you will fit in well here.

Jim

Jimbo, I hunted area 1 which right now is a guarantee draw for maximum point holders, which in area 1 is only 15. Last year all the guy's with max points were successful. They even gave a handfull of tags to guy's with 14 points. If you keep at it you could draw area 1 in the next few years. The only problem with area 1 is it is regarded as the toughest of all the Wyoming areas. The country is all straight up and sheep shape is an understatement. This is why it is also the easiest area to draw. Bear in mind your probably not going to get a 180 class ram. Your chances for a 160 t0 170 class ram are very good I would say. I'm not sure which area you've been applying for but if I were you I would do some research on area 1. If you ever draw I would be more than happy to help you out as much as i could.

Squarehead,

Thanks for the info and the offer. If I ever draw I will keep you in mind as a info source for area 1.

Thanks

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.