Shawn's How-to Long Range Hunting video - Classroom session

Discussion in 'Defensive Edge Video Content' started by Len Backus, May 7, 2008.

1. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Like I said about the bear snippet, this is just a tasty little tidbit and is representative of the whole DVD.;)

If no one has the DVD yet, watching these should convince them to buy it. It is well worth the price of admission.:)

Great video/DVD Shawn. I'm glad you guys figured out how to get these small clips posted on here.

3. rem300ultra

rem300ultra Well-Known Member

Defensive Edge Video

I received my copy of the DVD yesterday. It's great and worth every penny of the cost of the video.

4. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Thanks guys, I am glad it has been so well received. Video work when I started this project was uncharted territory for me it was alot of work but very interesting and alot of fun. The only comment I get about it is most people want to see more shooting. No problem, when "greatest hits V1" is done at the end of this year I will have about 2 hours of video with 10-12 field practice shots including info on how we doped the shot and 10-12 hunts, that should satisify most everyone. Who am I kidding? Real long range hunting guys never get enough of it. :D gun)

5. Coues Sniper

Coues Sniper Well-Known Member

Amen :D. Looking forward to the Greatest Hits version. Sounds awesome.

6. tscott

tscott Well-Known Member

I got Shawn's DVD when it first came out. It is a great tool for furthering the education process. I'm looking forward to the next one. Its a awful fast 2 hours.
    Thanks Shawn.

7. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Excellent Video Shawn...

8. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

I've read so many of his posts that it's nice to see he's a real person and a great knowledgeable guy( I never expected less). Thx for posting the vid. Wish I had the cash/time to spend a few weeks learning from him.

9. steelhead

steelhead Well-Known Member

Just wait until you get to shoot against/with him! He's fun to watch in competition and is a genuinely good guy. I've been very pleased with the rifle he built me and his DVD is top notch. I recommend that video to anyone starting out in hunting or long range competition.

Devin

10. pressman

pressman Well-Known Member

I loved the video ...but it seems to be costing me money after i watched it..can't wait until the new one comes out

11. whapaho

whapaho Active Member

Shawn, if my edge has a long throat .248 or whatever the edges throat is for long one..gun) how far do i seat the bullet out for the best results?? or are all the reamers cut differently?? if you or anyone can help me with this i would be greatful thanks.... whapaho

12. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

It depends on who made the reamer and most manufacturers have several versions. You need to get a oal tool and measure it with your bullet of choice and then start working with it. I find that with the Berger bullets .005"-.010" off the lands is usually pretty good.