Sharp Shooter Supply ?'s

flyin lizard

I ordered a pre-threaded and chambered barrel from them on Oct. 7 ,2009 my CC was charged on the Nov. statement and at the time of the order, placed by phone ,I was told lead time was about 6 weeks. I have e-mailed twice once in early dec. and again in early Jan. with no responce to either. I know they are a small and very busy operation and I have never heard anything bad about them just looking for input from people that have dealt with them and how long they waited. Also they are at the Shot Show this coming week.

I ordered a pre-threaded and chambered barrel from them on Oct. 7 ,2009 my CC was charged on the Nov. statement and at the time of the order, placed by phone ,I was told lead time was about 6 weeks. I have e-mailed twice once in early dec. and again in early Jan. with no responce to either. I know they are a small and very busy operation and I have never heard anything bad about them just looking for input from people that have dealt with them and how long they waited. Also they are at the Shot Show this coming week.

They are very slow and very hard to get a hold of. This puts many people off. I've heard very few complaints of their workmanship. I think they do great work. If I was going to have any work done to a Savage action, I would only use SSS. But, if I was going to order anything that they had to manufacture I'd probably go to someone else with shorter lead times.

I called them yesterday and got them first try. They will be closed for the upcoming week for the shot show. I just ordered up some Savage bolt heads for a long range pistol project but they seemed very nice and eager to help me.

They are about an hour from my house, the shop does not appear to allow walk in business, just a barn behind a house. They are one of the best for Savage work or parts.

Ty calling the telephone number you would normally call to place an order. My experience has been that some businesses put a higher priority on their sales line than other means of reaching them. Let us know how you make out.

Ok heres a update.. Talked to Lisa at SSS a couple times and learned that Douglas was/is being slow about filling orders to venders. So basically if Fred does not get the barrel then he can't work on it,makes sense.

Now to make it a happy ending,, got my barrel 300wsm the end of March and after doing shoot and clean for around 15 shots then shoot 2 and clean then 3 and so on the barrel is coming along very well and cleans much faster then in the beginning. I have shot multiple ragged hole groups with 65 grs of H 4831sc pushing both barnes and sierra 165 gr.bullets. The exterior finish on the tube is really nice,very even and the barrel is smooth. Bead blasted finish cuts the reflection nicely. The crown Fred put on it is perfect,makes neat crisp stars on the muzzle.

Just had to say all is well with Sharp Shooter Supply and thankyou.

Paul

I ordered a model 12 back in October 2009 with a Douglas barrel just got the gun last week with a Brux barrell on it, which is what I wanted but did not think I could afford. Now I know why the different barrel.:D:D Am really happy with gun.

flying lizard, Glad to hear it worked out for you. What do you mean when you say, makes neat crisp stars on the muzzle?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.