Shake up at "Best of The West"

Are the new G7 scopes the same physical size and weight as the original
NF ? That is why I chose a Huskemaw a few months ago. I just dont need that extra size and weight to carry around in the back country.
I understand the fellow gettin riled over his salesman switching brands, but I bought the product because it had the features that best fit my needs not because of who was selling it.

Saw show last night and John P. IS shooting Cooper Firearms,I dont have one but here they are nice, built here in MT

Yeah I just saw that Cooper was a sponsor. I'm glad to see they have new rifles. I was hoping to see a Savage on the show though.

I have never shot a Cooper, but have never heard a bad thing about them. My first introduction to them was at a gun show, i walked up to a booth and a gun had a target tied to the trigger with one hole in it. Asked the guy why it was just one hole. You trying to prove the gun will fire? He said no, that it was a three shot group. I was amazed.

DanMan, I believe same specs for size and weight.A post by Coyboy listed shortened parallax,and windage,cover on elev.20 moa per revolution,and a new reticle

Oh my, John was just saying how great the Gunwerks rifle was and now he is Pimping Cooper firearms.

Didn't the fellow that owned Cooper give a big donation to Obamas election bid,lightbulb and everyone boycoted Cooper. Or have we forgotten that fast.

We can't trust a guy who would sell one rifle as the best and now say a different ones the best. I feel so dirty.:rolleyes:

I have never shot a Cooper, but have never heard a bad thing about them. My first introduction to them was at a gun show, i walked up to a booth and a gun had a target tied to the trigger with one hole in it. Asked the guy why it was just one hole. You trying to prove the gun will fire? He said no, that it was a three shot group. I was amazed.

Coyboy is absolutely right!
Cooper arms no doubt makes fine rifles. I unfortunately will never own one. Not because I can't afford one but because Dan Cooper is/was a huge support of one B. Ho, That's right, he was a heavy backer of Obama. Kinda like a jew giving financial support to Hitler isn't it?
I have to seriously question the intelligence of a man who owns a firearms company aiding and abetting the enemy. Wow, dumb and dumber.......

Last edited:
Guys....

In conclusion....there are many variables involved in the 'art' of LR shooting and they won't be learned overnight. All rifles are different, barrel harmonics, barrel contours, type of rifling, bullet selection, rates of twist, etc. all make it a game of serious selection and this diatribe of mine does not even include the issues of proficient reloading and testing procedures!

At any rate....the NF products are #1 IMO and worth the $$$$ spent! They are consistent in return to zero and highly consistent when changing from one distance to another!

I wish whomever well!!

Well said Sharpsman. As an electronic engineer and the founder of a high tech aerospace company I am certainly not against using technology and "gadgets" to advance our sport. Where would we all be without our laser range finders, ballistic programs and Kestrel's?

However, "gadgets" regardless of how good are not a substitute for skill and experience. I certainly do not oppose what Gseven is doing, I may even buy their system at some point, who knows..... The down side to all this is the "typical" hunter who shoots his rifle one time off the rolled up jacket on the hood of his truck every year a day or two before deer season....... if he hits the 5 gallon bucket at "hundred or so" he is good to go for another year. I do a lot of hunting around the country at outfitters, and guide elk hunting in NM. I see way too many guys show up with some kind of custom rifle, usually a "lightweight" in 300 Dakota or some such with a Swarovski scope and proclaim they can kill anything within 500 yards. It is amazing how many of them have not even shot their high dollar gun, and I have yet to run across one who has shot it at ranges of more than a couple of hundred yards.

It is this kind of person who often buys the Best of the West and Gseven stuff. They don't want to put in the effort to learn how to actually do what they see on TV, so they shell out a few thousand bucks and buy the "system". Now all that "magical ballistic stuff" is done for them. They don't have to know anything, don't have to learn to handload......... all they have to do is find a critter at 800 yards and shoot it. Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong. I am not critical of BOTW and Gseven, they are just business guys trying to make a living and they may actually come up some good products. I guess it is just some of the marketing / sales stuff that makes me a little queasy. "Buy this $6,000 combo system and you too can go to Wyoming and shoot an elk at 1000 yards!!!!:D"

Perhaps it's just my imagination... But, John Porter (one of my favorites on the show) seemed timid if not apologetic in his tone when describing the Cooper having touted Gunwerks for so long.

I figure that's one guy that would rather hunt and shoot than get caught up in the marketing.

Then again, a guy's got to earn a living.

Coyboy is absolutely right!
Cooper arms no doubt makes fine rifles. I unfortunately will never own one. Not because I can't afford one but because Dan Cooper is/was a huge support of one B. Ho, That's right, he was a heavy backer of Obama. Kinda like a jew giving financial support to Hitler isn't it?
I have to seriously question the intelligence of a man who owns a firearms company aiding and abetting the enemy. Wow, dumb and dumber.......
I agree. However, when you come right down to it, it really doesn't matter who is elected - they're not interested in my or your rights - they're interested in growing government and increasing their own power, whether Rep. or Dem.

But each of those wasn't made by the same person saying this is the best.

Where would firearms developement be if JOHN MOSES BROWNING had been content to rest on his laurels , after his first firearms design patent , thinking that he could not improve the evolution of firearms with his NEXT design , all 128 of his design patents ???

I would bet that he thought that each design was THE BEST at the time of completion , until he began his next firearm design .

I don`t know much about nothin but I`m inclined to agree with ccc1970, but then I don`t expect anyone to be as straight forward and as honest as me. Seems to me the customer is not always right anymore but it`s more like "screw em, he/she is only one person, there`s plenty more waitin in line to buy our stuff."
Of course I also remember when a handshake was your "word", it was who you were/are. Oh well, guess Im gettin too old and behind the times. Hell I still ain`t got a cell phone and it only took 40 yrs. for me to try this here "compewter thang."