Serengeti Laminate stocks

Mountainsheep

Ok guys,
This might get lengthy, but I'm sure it's gonna be expensive, so here goes.
Lerch's 6mm br stock got me all exited for a nice piece of wood (as in gunstocks). IMHO a finely crafted wood stock is more personal than a marbled composite. My father left me a .340 Weatherby Crown Deluxe and an H&H .470 NE, both carry scars from Africa's thorn bushes, but each blemish is a memory within itself. I no longer carry these guns afield as I am fearful that moisture and temperature changes might warp the stocks. So my questions are: Has anyone had any experience with the Serengeti laminated stocks? Expensive? I'm sure. As accurate as a composite? How do the well-known smiths on this board feel about working with them (final fitting, bedding; ect…)?
Thanks for your attention & consideration,
Dave

just send your stock to Joel Russo and he'll make you an exact copy of it in any color laminates you want. they are as good a laminate stock as you can buy and you'll get it back in a month or so!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.