Sendero I & II differences????

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Moman, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there are significant differences between the original Sendero and the Sendero II. I know the stocks have been redesigned but what about the workings of the guns. I read a post somewhere where it was suggested that the older model has hand picked receivers and better quality barrels. Does this sound like good info or crap????

2. darrindlh

darrindlh Well-Known Member

I don't know what if this is what you are looking for but I have a gunsmith buddy here in pocatello that will only buy the older version sendero. He states that now remington has a third party building there barrels. With what he has been working on latly he see's remingtons barrels that are not completly straight. I personally do not know. hard to believe that would be the case especially from remington. JMHO though

Darrin

3. Down Under Hunter

Down Under Hunter Well-Known Member

Antoher difference is the current model has a high polish finish on the stainless with black fluting. The original was flat stainless in finish. Dont know about your claim with quality of barrels ? I have my edge built on a series 1 and I just love the stock to death. I found it hard to handle the series 2 and I know alot of guys think similar thoughts. Lots of series 2 stocks getting sold with not many originals about say things ?. Depends what you like though ? The series one is a dedicated rh grip with the new one trying to please both sides . Great rifle to build off.

Good luck

DUH

4. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

The new Senderos also have the new X-Mark trigger. I hear they are easier to adjust and break very crisply. Other than that, I like everything else about the old Sendero better.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

I like the new stock better. It makes my hand "rest on the palm instead of squeezing it. I don't have huge hands by any means but that may have something to do with it. So far I have 2 sendero 2's that shoot rediculous. We'll see about this 3rd one I just picked up.

6. joshua99ta

joshua99ta Well-Known Member

I have a buddy with an all black sandero w/ no fluted barrel, he bought it second hand and believes it was purchased new around 2001 or 2002. It has the different stock on it also... the only other sandero's I have seen have been a stainless finish though.

7. Tang

Tang Well-Known Member

I like my Sendero II stock. The large palm swell fits my hand perfectly, and I really dig the high polish finish. Cant speak on barrel quality, as I havent fired mine for accuracy yet.

8. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered the Sendero II yesterday. I was on the fence for a while but figured the stock contour should be close to my 700 5-R.

9. Tang

Tang Well-Known Member

What caliber did you go with ?

Here is my .300 RUM

[​IMG]

10. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

I've got one of each and the only major difference for me is the piece of crap J-lock bolt on the S2.

Going to order a new one from PTG soon.

My S1 wears a 26" fluted Krieger barrel in 25-06,action has been trued and blueprinted. I'm a little

happier with the S1 stock, as to the stock barrels, they spend 15-25 bucks per barrel,

Throw em, buy a good one.

11. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

I went with the 300 RUM. Been thinking about getting one for years and never got around to it. I hunt with a lightweight 300 WM that is getting a new Broughton and shoot a lot of my practice stuff now with the 5-R. I felt I wanted to get a heavy weight too. I plan on shooting this for awhile and build it into an Edge. Really want one of those but want to put more time in on long range shooting and not just build a boomer. Not exactly baby steps, but building a better foundation for it.