Berger 168VLDs @ 3100fps

Attachments

• IMG-20111111-00152.jpg
    IMG-20111111-00152.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 66
  • Sendero.jpg
    Sendero.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 74
Nice going and good looking gun. Looks like you had a couple of tweaks done. Share the details.

I have Dan Glover of Dans Custom Guns customizing a Sendero 7mag for me as we speak. I'm sure it's gonna be a shooter and a beauty as well.

The barrel was spun off and sent out for Cryo treatment, then a new precision recoil lug fitted. Action was blueprinted and everything trued when fitted for the new Pacific Tool & Gauge Fluted bolt, Sako Extractor, Alum firing pin....etc. Richard Near 30mm rings and 20MOA base. Leupold VX-L 4.5-14 X 56 with B&C reticle....added MARK IV Turrets. Trigger set at 2-1/2lbs.

Its a shooter!:D

And a beauty at that. My next project will be a 6.5x284 and I most definitely want to try the Cryo treatment. I've heard some claims they are getting 2 and 3 times the barrel life. Its worth a try. Best of luck

NS,
Can I ask you what your pushing those VLD's with?

Also who did the cryo treatment, and was that long process to complete? Also imagine that was after a break in?

Spun the barrel off new outta the box as I had already planned what I wanted out of this rifle...Cryo only took a couple days and was done in Calgary Ab ( $70...I had 3 done at same time)

I have 2 Retumbo loads one for accuracy @ 3100fps and another at 3250fps both using Moly Coated Berger 168 VLDs

I like my Remingtons...........but I think they have been riding on their reputation of old for far to long, and the quality isnt what it used to be.
I have as yet to be dissapointed in any of my Savages...they consistently prove themselves to shoot right outta the box! :D Of ALL my guns......the Savages shoot the smallest numbers.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with you about riding there rep for to long, I own 13 remmys there not makin the barrels like they used to but still the strongest factory actions ever built. I to am in the 338 club but mines an edge built on a rem action.1780 yards confirmed on a speedgoat.gun)

I was wondering how much of a pain it was to switch out the bolt. I am looking to do the same thing to my sendero in 300 WM I know a gun smith has to do it do you remember the process and how much it cost to have fited?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.