Semi custom vs New Rifle

There are probably a lot of good suggestions here. But I have to admit the work that I have had the pleasure of seeing of Rbros. I would be hard pressed not to go that route. Plus he seems to be a great guy. Good luck with your choice.

What would be the advantage of the bighorn TL3 over the trued Remington?

Better quality, tighter tolerances, CRF (subjective but I prefer CRF) and a smoother bolt. Due to how tight the hold the tolerances there are now several companies offering pre-fit barrels for the TL3 which removes the added cost of having a gunsmith do it.

Now if it it was a stock Remington then I would just say stick with the rebarrel but since you already have an upgraded stock and trigger your already half way to a new rifle. If it's going to cost $1500 to work over the stock Remington then you might as well start with a more robust foundation.

An R700 action trued correctly with a good barrel installed by a good gunsmith will shoot good handloads with excellent results. I have 5 R700 based customs. All shoot in the .1 to .3s. All cost me around $1100-1800 to get them up and running including truing, barrel, chambering, brakes, bedding and Cerakote.

Triggers, stocks, optics were additional of course.

I am having a new full custom 6CM built on a Lone Peak Fuzion TI however. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.