Semi-autos?

I have rigs in both AR-15 and AR-10 platforms. My large game set-up is a Remington R25 in 7 mm08 with a Mk4 Leupold 3.5x10, and a RRA Match trigger with JP springs. Loaded with 140 gr. SST's at 2800 fps it's very effective out to 500 yards. I get consistent .5 MOA with my hand loads. Also have several rigs in the AR-15 platform that I use for varmint and 200/300 yard egg shoot competition. With the right set up and load development, they don't give up much to the bolt for midrange work.

I think that would be a great little gun for whitetail....

I think the platform is great but they certainly are ugly compared to wood and blueing IMO

Here's the AR-260 in it's current configuration. 4-14x50 IOR and Tango Down Bipod. Great bipod for prone, not a great one for bench work though, too tall and has metal feet. The second picture is the 300yds target I shot with it today.

That's Smokin' !!!

I see guys all day at the range that can't do that with a good bolt gun at 100yds from a bench.

-- richard

Wildrose that is some nice shooting. How much roughly would it cost to get into one like that?

Thanks

Wildrose that is some nice shooting. How much roughly would it cost to get into one like that?

Thanks
To have someone build it for you, you're probably talking in the 2,500-3000.00 range.

I'd say call Carl at Rifle Accuracy Systems Inc in Colorado. He's an absolute master with AR and Min 14 platforms.

Rifle Accuracy Systems Inc Custom Accurate Rifles Barrel Conversions Ruger Mini Remington 700 7400 750 AR10 AR15

You also might get lucky by watching gunbroker and find one of his for sale considerably cheaper. I've seen a couple of them sold by guys who where hurting for cash for around 1,200.00 for Grendels and 1,600.00 for LR-260/308 platforms.

For AR's the classifieds over at sniper central and sniper's hide are good sources.

ive used my m14 with scope for very lr so yess they can be very accurate. m14s were used as sniper rifles in service. i wont give mine up.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.