Seekins havak vs ridgeline. 28 nosler vs 300 win

Backcountrydreamer1996

Hello all! Just a little background, My shooting consists of a 1,000 yard range plinking and white tails out to 200 yards and hopes and dreams of getting out west besides than just with my bow. What's everyone's opinions on the Seekins havak vs the ridgeline? I feel the action on the Seekins would be a better investment and one to keep around long term but do kinda fancy the ridgeline a little. Also I'm torn between the 28 nosler and 300 wm I really have this churning in my heart for the 28 nosler but I don't see much of a big following behind it. So what is your opinion? Caliber, rifle?

I'd personally choose the Seekins over the Ridgeline for better value. CA seem to be hit and miss with rumors of poor service. Seekins is known for quality and good service.

As for cartridge, of the two you mention I'd strongly suggest the 300 for barrel life. However, for your use, I'd strongly consider a smaller cartridge for barrel life and you 200 yard whitetail needs. A 6.5 Creedmoor (I don't have one) or something on those lines will be a far better fit in my opinion.

Good luck,
Steve

Seekins, and maybe in a 6.5 PRC? Either of the calibers you Listed seem overkill for your needs. I expect you'll find the 6.5 PRC much more pleasant for your 1000 yard plinking and more than adequate on whitetail to much further than 200.

I prefer the Seekins over the CA. Both nice options tho. I too would consider the 6.5 for
Your needs. If you got that itch for a 28 Nos
Tho, Guys gotta just go for it. 300 win is prooven performer with lots of factory ammo.
The Seekins in a 6.5 PRC is what I Have. 😀
Side note: there's a Seekins 300 win now in the guns for sale section.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts