seeking advice

I'm sorry i did not make what i was saying clear on the last post I am looking to take hunting shots no farther than maybe 1000-1200. i was saying that If i were ever to find myself in an area where I could do some target shooting out to the 1600 range I wanted to be able to get there yes energy would not be sufficent at that range to make a clean kill. I have seen the remington 700p in 338 lapua. I spoke with a few gun shops and they are getting them in but they are just few and far between however they are quite a bit cheaper than other offerings in this caliber does anyone have any experiene with this particular rifle. With the price this gun is going for approx. 1300 it would leave me room financialy to put the night force scope i have always wanted on it.

Could you have your dealer call Remington, and have them send one to him? I have a guy near me that only charges me $25 for the processing fee. So if the gun costs a dealer $1100, I would send a $1100 to Remington, and have them send it to him. He transfers the gun to me and I give him $25. I'd call around for a dealer who will help you out.

I have a FFL close by who will do that can you tell me how to get in touch with remington to order that they have about 14 different numbers on thier website. thanks for the info I was unaware that you could do that

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.