Seeing some good mulies in MT

Montana'eer

My friends crew are connecting with some nice deer-

dyLBcCy.jpg

zFoPyjY.jpg

And this was this kids first deer=
zYUBhbU.jpg

I've pushed out some dandy mule deer while I was bird hunting. Seems like awesome numbers this year.

My friend and I are headed up to the CN border Sunday for a week for our turn. Nice big ranch we have access too.

The Kid got an old monarch....awesome buck..those bases are huge...past his prime...but a true treasure to have taken versus being a winter kill....
The others are okay too.....🤔

My friends crew are connecting with some nice deer-

dyLBcCy.jpg

zFoPyjY.jpg

And this was this kids first deer=
zYUBhbU.jpg

I've pushed out some dandy mule deer while I was bird hunting. Seems like awesome numbers this year.

My friend and I are headed up to the CN border Sunday for a week for our turn. Nice big ranch we have access too.

My trip was kind of a bust. Snow really hampered us in the coulees around the ranch and the rut is really taking off now. Saw lots and lots of bucks- all at the ear tips or inside. Passed on them and took a few does off the ranch (at the ranchers request).

And no offense to those from WA state- but that area of Montana is FLOODED with out of state hunters, and some of the dink bucks I've seen them take makes my blood boil. The ranch we hunt on is now posted and patrolled because of trespass and other knucklehead stuff. I know lots of ranchers up there, and they're getting pretty peeved at what's going on. One guy is seriously considering taking his property out of block management and leasing it to outfitters.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.