Securing blind magazine question

youngtrout

Okay, this has actually been a thorn for me awhile so I'd figured I'd ask. How the heck are guys securing their blind mags on 700 actions. I have a 300 win mag I end up using electrical tape right at stock line. Without it the mag does not bottom out and basically falls out of action and renders it a single shot. Have a 375 with hinged bottom metal but using a Wyatt mag box that has some play and again. Have to resort to tape. So now, have a custom action stiller and again looking at having the same issue. Mag well has enough play that box can simply fall out that 1/8 to 1/4 inch again basically screwing up feeding. I sure hope I'm missing something. Pretty frustrating I'm taping mag boxes into 1000 dollar plus guns

So how's everyone dealing with their blind mags. Maybe why bottom metal is so popular!

Any help would be appreciated, hate changing bottom metal on the savages but at least they have secured theirs

Thanks!

I have never set up a blind box (ADL) with a Wyatt box.
The only one I have worked on was glued in with Devcon.

You might consider a metal spacer for the box to sit on. Think rectangular flat washer. The spring will sit in the hole and the box will rest on the metal.

Another option is use bedding material to build a lip around the inside of the mag well. The box would then rest on that lip keeping it in place.

If you use a spacer, make sure the box still has a bit of extra room. You don't want to put stress in your action by bending it over the mag box.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.