Sectional density ?

The bullet weight in pounds divided by the square of the diameter.

Sectional density is strawberry shortcake with whipped cream. Hard to have too much of a good thing when hunting big game. Vamint and fur hunters may have a different view.

High sectional density are long bullets and will often have a high BC except for the round noses. High sectional density bullets will have enough mass to deform upon contact with bone and still break through and penetrate further although a lot is dependent upon the construction and hardness.

Sectional density is only realevant when compairing like solids of different wieght to each other ( round nose to round nose or flat point to flat point) as flat piont solids out penetrate round nose solids and sectional density is of no relavance when comparing expanding bullets because of varying types of construction

I sometimes roll my eyes when some questions are asked w/ the thought -----> google for it ---you can find anything there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jwp475 thanks for simplifying that for me..

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.