Second day of spring in Nebraska, lets go shooting!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Diamond 408, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

Well i had planned on doing some fireforming and load development last weekend here in Nebraska. I had just about everything ready, the bench was set up, new target board, got my new bags filled, hmmmmmm weather man said, partly cloudy, with a slight chance of snow in the afternoon, less than one inch expected. Ok, so i get up and there is about 2" on the ground, still thats ok...by afternoon its snowing so hard i cant find my truck! I unload everything, put it all away. This is the pic the next morning, part of my car is still visible. So now its thurday and still i cant get to the range, 5 foot drifts everywhere, oh and ya, 21" fell.

This is my Male Akita, car alarm, door bell, UPS man terrorizer. His name is "Taugie" 140 pounds of fun.
    [​IMG]

2. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Nice looking pup!!

Here in Oklahoma we had about 2-3" of snow fall last night, believe it or not that is pretty impressive for Oklahoma. I saw a scene similiar to your photo this morining, only less snow and my wifes pomeranian only wieghs about 3lbs, she will still chase the hell out of a mailman though!!!!

Little rat looks hilarious now, my wife said we needed to have here groomed for spring so me being the cheapskate said I would groom her. Took the clippers to her and she looks like some sort of in-bred cat now!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wife wasnt to happy but hair grows back, dog actually seems to like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

take it easy
    steve

3. Meister

Meister Well-Known Member

The snow just melted here in Indy, but the ranges are so muddy from the 4+ inches of rain we had last two weeks I still can't get out. I've got an entire table covered with ladder loads and more loaner rifles than I can fit in my safe. The big pdog hunt is 2 and a half months away and closing fast. 6000 rounds of empty brass in 6.5-284, 338LM, 22-250, 223 and 308 await the proper ladder results in their new or rechambered rifles. I feel your pain.

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Well Hmmmmmm,

We've had at least 5 separate springs. All of them between about 2 and 4 PM between days of snow. Today we experienced at least 3 hours of spring after lunch. Temp will be in the mid to low teens in the morning.

I'm certainly getting tired of this.

5. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

Ah shucks, a little cold with some rain here.