Seattle gun buy back

Just seems like an odd thing to me. I don't believe any of us would participate at least in a turn in scenario. I might buy some (for collecting), but thats it.

Not at all hard to find out what a firearm is worth today with the Internet.

I have some ancient cap and ball pistols that are worth a bundle. True single shot and chancy ignition.:)

Absolutely. I just wonder how many of the folks just want some $ quick and/or don't want to do a bit of work to find what a firearm is worth and how to sell it, or it may be that the misguided and emotional "I'm saving the world by getting rid of guns" (while getting some cash) aspect of this is there. It seems very odd to me as well, but to some others, it appears they think it a good idea.

Every "buy back" should have a line of people buying as long as the line of people selling. Then again, good luck finding anything worth having at one of those. I would expect a bunch of jennings type junk and some old sears 22s with failing ejectors.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.