Seattle area hunter/shooter says "Hey!"

BallisticNut

I may be new to this forum but I have been a forum troll for many years. However I am new to reloading and might as well say to hunting as well. Spent a few years in the Military (early-mid 80's) was stationed in Montana and hunted a season. Since then, not muc really. Now live in the Seattle area and my passion for hunting and shooting has come alive again. Since my arrival two years ago, I have aquired three new weapons including a really nice Tikka3 .300 WSM. Its my baby at the moment. Started reloading a couple months back and now addicted to the art. I have been out 4 times this year and each time come back with tag soup. Not that I didnt have a shot or two...we are not going there today.

Just wanted to introduce myself. You have a pretty good idea of my age, background and experience. Need not to say more on that subject.

Kids are grown and moved out... well one moved back. I spend most of my spare time designing websites and some graphics. If not there, I am most certainly researching, reloading, shooting or pokin' fun at some of the people in these forums. gun)

I go by many names but in all hunting forums, I am known as the BallisticsNut cause I am so fascinated with ballistics and long range shooting.

Welcome BallisticsNut!

As you already know from your trolling, Len is first rate, and the folks here are friendly and helpful.

What kind of hunting are you doing in Washington?

Matt

Thanks Matt!

Out here, we started the year with a 5 day Archery Elk hunt. Four of us in total. Saw a couple herds but couldnt get close enough. When we finally planned a really good plan, we where interupted by two older gentlemen on dirtbikes. (Story for another time) Followed that up with a 6 day monster Muley hunt. Saw some beauties and took a shot at one but missed and he disappeared over a ridge (story for another time) Followed that up with a 3 day goose/duck/pheasant hunt. Got skunked their too. Lasly, just returned from a 4 day late archery Elk hunt. Spike Bull or less season. Saw a behemoth of a monster Elk Bull with two cows on the third day but no shot. (story for another time)

Next year we are pretty much planning the same round unless I get lucky and draw a real tag!

It sounds like you're hunting in the right areas with the right people, so the results will come with time and a little tactics tuning. I don't usually associate Washington with mule deer hunting but I've recently seen a picture of a big buck killed in Oregon by a gal who bought the governor's tag. That brute rivals anything I've seen that's come out of the Rocky Mountains.

It's funny that you mention seeing a big bull elk while hunting for spikes. I just got off the phone with a friend who is still trying to fill his cow tag. You guessed it... he watched six bulls safely feeding within easy rifle shot.

Win, lose, or draw hunts beat just about anything else going. Good luck with future hunts!

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts