Seating Stem Question

General RE LEE

I have a Hornady New Dimension 7mm STW die set. I want to load 162 ELD-X, 175 ELD-X and 180 grain ELD-M.

Should I get the seating stem for the 180 grain ELD-M and it will cover all of these bullets? My thinking is the 180 ELD-M seating stem will have a deep enough channel to not deform the tips. Or do I have to get a seating stem for each individual bullet?

I dunno, I have VLD seating stems, standard stems and stems I made to suit ONE bullet only.
What does Hornady say, if you don't take into account their hyped spiel they rattle off about every product?
They would know….well they'd tell you they do.

Cheers.

if the stem is beefy enough you can drill it a bit deeper to give the tip more room, I've done with success. But call em anyway

I have a Hornady New Dimension 7mm STW die set. I want to load 162 ELD-X, 175 ELD-X and 180 grain ELD-M.

Should I get the seating stem for the 180 grain ELD-M and it will cover all of these bullets? My thinking is the 180 ELD-M seating stem will have a deep enough channel to not deform the tips. Or do I have to get a seating stem for each individual bullet?
They all have basically the same profile so you should probably be good to go but the Hornady folks never mind answering questions so be safe and give them a call.