Scratching my head over this

j870sm

I had been using a WB rest and changed it out to a dropaway. With the WB my FP's and BH's had the same POI. With the drop away my BH's started hitting 2" low as compared to my field points. I felt certain that my bow was tuned properly, needed no adjustments but here is a problem. I talked to several people and they suggested to sight in for BH's and forget it. I couldn't take that advice, I wanted to know what was up. I decided to raise the poundage up on my bow to 70#, it was set at 65#. I had no good reason for this other than wanting to see how fast my bow truly was and if I noticed any differences setting my bow at max. The first thing I noticed is that the BH's and FP's now shot at the same POI. Now my issues are fixed but I don't really understand why unless I have a spine issue with the arrows I am shooting.

Could I get some answers to this from some of you guys?

What kind of bow is it? Have you check he tiller distance? Spine issue is left to right in my experience. High and low is a rest or nock issue. What have you done to tune it?

I have not done anything other than tweak up the poundage. I need to have the string and cables replaced and when I get that done I will have the bow tuned. I go to a really good bow shop and the guy that runs the place is really good at setting up bows. He is the nicest guy I have ran into at a bow shop. He really doesn't like my bow but he has worked on it for me just the same.

I shoot a Diamond Black Ice right now. I shoot a 29"DL at 70#. Everything is flying and hitting great out to 60yds at this time. I put a Kazaway drop away rest and my groups tightened up considerably and the bow is noticably faster and quieter.

Like I said I need to have the string and cables replaced, I have shot this bow a lot. I will have to have it tuned after this is done any way.

What kind of strings do you prefer?

This is not uncommon .

Nornaly the string nock is slighty higher than the rest when the bow is relaxed.

When the arrow is released a broadhead tends to hold the front of the arrow
down until the fletching can correct this downward angle.

A field tip does not. allowing the arrow to stabilize quicker.

There are several ways to minimize this phenomenon. tune the broadhead virtical
if its a 2 blade.( it helps prevents what is called wind plaining).

Or install full helical fletch feathers ,This stabilizes the arrow faster.

To adjust the nock set I use a bare arrow shaft and shoot through a piece of paper
the length of the arrow in front of me. If the hole it makes tears insted of punching a
round hole then it needs to be adjusted .( If it tears downward from the POI then
the nock is to low)ETC.

One other method is to use heaver field tips and it will be close.

If all of this fails then just count the turns on the limb screws to get the same POI
and live with having to adjust when switching back and forth.

I hope this helps

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.