Score High Gunsmithing

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by whiskey3, Mar 26, 2010.

1. whiskey3

whiskey3 Member

I am considering shipping my rifle to Charley Robertson at Score High to have a muzzle break installed. Anyone have any experience with score high? Does a muzzle break have any effect on accuracy? BTW the rifle is a 700 classic chambered for 300 Wby. I am also considering have them drill the stock and ship a pillar bedding kit back with the rifle.

2. 6MMWASP

6MMWASP Well-Known Member

I have met Charley, nice guy and a friend of mine had him build a 700 in 243, I think, He is very happy with the work

3. Autorotate

Autorotate Well-Known Member

You would be very well served to have Score High perform any gunsmithing work on your rifle. He's built one rifle for me, pillar/epoxy bedded two other rifles, and has guided me on numerous other projects as well. The rifle above is at his shop right now for a rebarrel/rechamber to a 338 Edge.

He's a very meticulous, methodical, knowledgeable, and experienced smith, that knows the little calibers and the big ones.

His work is top notch, and I give him and his crew high marks when asked about the work they do.

Charley's work recently received some recognition, as he built the rifle that won the 2010 F-Class Open.

Great smith. Tell him your goals, ask for a recommendation, and prepared to be satisfied with the results.