scopes

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by bubba41, Mar 6, 2011.

1. bubba41

bubba41 Well-Known Member

hi guy's well the edge is being built . now comes the question comes down to a good scope .. would like 1500 yards . what is a good scope for this range . i don't want to spend 3000! zero stop would be nice

2. rem

rem Well-Known Member

I really like leupold M4 and nightforce NXS. it all depends on what you want to do. Schmitt & Bender are very nice from what i hear.
    here is an article that talks about rifles and scopes used for long range shooting.

Far Out Shooting: Long Range Shooting (with style)

I hope it helps you make a decision.

3. soundwaves

soundwaves Well-Known Member

my answer is dont get what other people say. I did a lot of reserch on here and sniper central for a top of the line scope. zeiss was in my mind but people on the forums and sniper central said go for night force cause NF is a lot beter built. So l bought a night force. its a great scope but to say its beter than ZEİSS is just a joke. zeis is built much more tecnicaly and the imige is sooooo cleer. when you look through it the image just sticks into your face like a photo. so by what l meen is dont ask people you buy the one wich you like.

4. soundwaves

and NF isnt eaven halph as cleer as the Zeiss is !!!!!!!! bıt l like my nf anyway

5. LewisH

LewisH Well-Known Member

I read a recent comprehensive review (can't remember where, maybe Sniper's Hide) that covered all the top of the line scopes.

With all parameters taken into account, the top choices were the Premier Heritage 5-26X56 (about $3000), or the Hensoldt (made by Zeiss) 6-24X56 (about $3500).

The NF, Leupold, IOR were somewhere down the line.

If I wanted to shoot to 1500 yards, I think I'd bite the bullet and look at the Premier Heritage.

6. pitbull320

pitbull320 Well-Known Member

for the money the vortex razor HD would be hard to bet it will get you out to 1500 and more and it has a lot of good fetchers

7. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Here's a link to Sniper central that has some pretty good reviews on scopes:

Sniper Central - Scope Reviews

I looked here a lot before I purchased my scopes.

Tank

8. flyin lizard

flyin lizard Well-Known Member

+1 on the Vortex Vipers,, very very good scopes for the money paid.

9. WV Sendero

WV Sendero Well-Known Member

+1 for the M4 and I also like my Zeiss very well. I am not a 1500 yd shooter but I am happy with both of these scopes.

10. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

Schmidt & Bender, don't forget these boys. If your truly interested in 1500 yards, you'll need good glass.

Maybe the new Luppy M5? Its about half the price of S & B, or Premier, or Hensolt, or US Optics.

11. soundwaves

YOU CAN ONLY ENGAGE WHAY YOU CAN CLEERLY SEE.'' ZEİSS 6-24X56'' BEST GLASS İN THE MARKET.

But l really love my NXS 8-32x56

12. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

I have examples all of the high end glass but the S&B and USO are at the top of the list. New builds are all USO for sporters and will be March for 1K competition.