Scopes that will hold up on ultra mags

So far the burris fulfield 2 4.5-14X42 with the ballistic plex has worked great for me. the ballistic plex lines match up almost perfectly with the trajectory of the .300rum with a 180 gr bullet. The price and durability are right too and it has the forever warranty (I've never needed it)
good luck Skip

A recommendation would depend on all that you want to do with it.

Regarding recoil, It really isn't that much on a 300 RUM.

Any of the medium to high price range scopes from one of the better manufacturers would hold up to the recoil.

Magnificaion, turrets, retical and objective lens size would depend on what you want to do with it.

Good luck with your search

big honkin jeep,

how many shots do you have with the burris scope? I bought one last year and parked it on my .340wby to test and it lasted exactly 16 shots. Wouldn't hold zero after that.

same here in a 30-06 ff2 electro dot i send it to repair 2 times and still don't work on my 30-06 now is mounted on a 17 hmr and worked fine

Mine died after less than one 20rd mag out of my FN FAL. And they don't even kick, they're gas operated! On the plus side, their warranty service was real quick. Maybe the humidity in the Phillipines ruins the glue?

Sounds like a thumbs down on Burris. It would probably help if you provided a cost range you're willing to incur and identified your intended uses of the rifle. Really good rifle scopes can run anywhere from ~$1200 up to more than $2500. Pretty good ones might cost from $500 up to ~$1200. There are plenty that can still get the job done for less than $500. Too many possibilities to even begin offering advice without narrowing down the playing field.

when you said "really good" that limited suggestions. Then on a 300 RUM my next tho't was "for what use".

Really good for ruggedness: SuperSniper 10X or 16X

Really go for hunting: Elk hunting-not a 16X SuperSniper, maybe a 10X Lack of variable power will probably getcha. Though would be great for full daylight shooting.

Best of all worlds. IOR, USO, NXS, Zeiss (Conquest or Victory), Leuy LRTs, and others.

Then there's the S&Bs that Boss Hoss mentioned. Can't go wrong with them.

Several friends and I have had good luck with the Zeiss both conquest and diavari on ultra mags and 5 lbs. 300 mags. No problems yet.

I bought a burris fullfield 2 and it lasted 8 shots on a 300 ultra then completely lost it's zero and wouldn't stay zeroed again,done,ka bang,bye bye...:eek:

what about the nikon buckmaster

Is the Nikon buckmaster 4-12x40 any good would it work on the 300 ultra this is for hunting

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.